The size of the area with 303 hectares is simply breath-taking - London's Hyde Park is only 240 ha big.
BBQ is allowed in 3 designated clean areas close to the entrances of the area. If you don't want to bring your own food, there is also a beer garden in the park. With your batteries recharged, what about a round of football or badminton on the absolutely flat green?
The only downside of the park are the few trees, so in summer there is next to no natural shade and some visitors think that it is overall somewhat bleak. A further development of Tempelhofer Feld was voted down in a referendum. Until a decision on the further history has been made, the area is open for
urban gardening if you want to burnish your green thumb.
Top10 Berlin tip: There are guide tours through the old terminal and airport buildings and the park.
- January and December: 07:30 am - 05:00 pm
- February and November: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- March: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm
- April and September: 06:00 am - 08:30 pm
- May and August: 06:00 am - 09:30 pm
- June and July: 06:00 am - 10:30 pm
- October: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm