RTL Radio Center Berlin GmbH ('Top10 Berlin' in the following) takes privacy of your personal data on the basis of the statutory provision of law very seriously. The following data privacy provision applies to the data captured, processed and used by Top10 Berlin in the context of the online service provided by Top10 Berlin:
1. Subject matter of the provision on data privacy
This data privacy provision applies to all services of Top10 Berlin in connection with the Top10 Berlin online portal under the domain www.top10berlin.de. This data privacy provision applies exclusively to the way your personal data is used by Top10 Berlin. Insofar as you use any kind of services of third parties via the online portal, their relevant data privacy provisions shall apply. Top10 Berlin is not familiar with the data privacy protections of third parties and they will not be reviewed by Top10 Berlin.
2. Personal data
Personal data are all individual items of information on the personal and factual circumstances of a certain person, in particular name, date of birth, email address and postal address.
3. Responsible organisation
The responsible organisation within the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz [Federal Law on the Privacy of Data] is RTL Radio Center Berlin GmbH, Kurfürstendamm 207-208, 10719 Berlin. Please address questions on data privacy to the data privacy agent of Top10 Berlin (email: email@example.com). You can also request, alter, block your data and have them deleted by Top10 Berlin.
4. Capturing data
4.1. Individual data such as the IP address, the internet browser used and the access times by the computer used by your registration will be transferred to Top10 Berlin automatically and saved on its server every time the online portal of Top10 Berlin is accessed. The IP address is a valid and unique worldwide designation of your computer that consists of four blocks of digits separated by dots. In most cases you will not use the identical IP address continuously since as a private user it is only assigned to you by your internet provider temporarily.
However allocation of the user data via this feature is possible in principle in the case of static IP addresses. These data will not be captured, processed and used by Top10 Berlin on a personal basis but only on an anonymous basis in order to review which websites are selected by you preferably, how often access take place and similar. Top10 Berlin will not publish your IP number for third parties except in the case of preventing and/or tracing unauthorised access.
4.4. This website contains 'Addthis' plugins that enable you to install bookmarks or to use interesting website content jointly. When 'Addthis' is used cookies are deployed. The data generated (e.g. time of use or browser language) will be transferred to Add This LLC in the USA and processed there. More detailed information on data processing by Add This LLC and the data privacy practised by Add This LLC can be seen under www.addthis.com/privacy. The website contains information on the nature of the data processed and their purpose of use in particular. The data in question will not be processed by us. By using the 'Addthis' field you declare your agreement to processing by Add This LLC, namely to the extent shown on the website www.addthis.com/privacy. You can oppose the use of your data at any time by deploying a 'opt out cookie'. More information can also be seen of the above website of Add This LLC.
4.5. Top10 Berlin uses the Disqus commenting system. The Disqus commenting feature is provided as a service by Big Head Labs, Inc., San Francisco/USA. Disqus is an interactive commenting system that enables the user to use Disqus as a commenting system, to make comments on all internet services with just one registration. In addition the user can register through existing accounts on Facebook (via Facebook Connect), Twitter, Yahoo, Google and Open ID. Creating comments without registration (as a ‘guest’) is possible. Please go to www.disqus.com for further information on Disqus and its features. Your data will be processed by Disqus and saved on its system. The terms and conditions of use and notes on privacy of Disqus apply regarding to capturing, processing and using the data in question; these are to be found under http://docs.disqus.com/help/30/ and http://docs.disqus.com/help/29/. If you register via your Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo or Open ID account, data may possibly be captured, saved and used by these providers. Details are contained in the data privacy provisions of the individual provider.
5. Use of the data
Top10 Berlin uses your personal data to inform you what Top10 Berlin offers and to make related services provided by third parties available. Top10 Berlin processes and uses your personal data as the responsible organisation for registration and its processing.
Apart from this, Top10 Berlin will use your data to inform you by email about the latest innovations and changes at Top10 Berlin. If you no longer want to receive these emails you can cancel the mail newsletter at any time using the link at the end of each newsletter.
Top10 Berlin carries out analyses of the users of the website www.top10berlin.de. Top10 Berlin captures, saves and processes information to enable it to offer you optimal services that meet your needs. For this Top10 Berlin carries out internal studies regarding demography, user interests and user behaviour in connection with Top10 Berlin. These analyses are not person-related and the use profiles created are pseudonymised. Using this, Top10 Berlin makes personalised services, in particular the provision of targeted, user-individual content and banner advertising, possible and provides the possibility of interactive communication with the user (emails, pop-up windows, and product offers). In this way Top10 Berlin can provide you with optimised content and services and increase the use value of Top10 Berlin for you. If you do not want such a user profile to be created by Top10 Berlin you can oppose this at any time.
In connection with any prize draws run on Top10 Berlin, Top10 Berlin will save your data required for entering and personalisation to enable it to contact you should you win a prize. Once the prize draw has ended, i.e. the winners have been informed and the prizes sent, we will delete your data after a four-week period. Your data will be blocked until it is deleted.
Top10 Berlin uses your data exclusively to prevent abuse of the website and to prevent and/or track any unauthorised access to it.
6. Passing on data
Personal data captured by Top10 Berlin will neither be sold nor made available for use by a third party in another way in return for a charge. Top10 Berlin will only pass your personal data on to a third party to the following extent:
- Top10 Berlin uses the results of the analyses of user behaviour on an anonymised basis for individualised advertising by third parties, e.g. to place regional or gender-specific advertising. Apart from this, the insights obtained will also be used as part of behavioural targeting for targeted placing of advertising. If you do not want your data to be used in this way, you can inform Top10 Berlin of this at any time. Top10 Berlin will communicate your opposition without delay.
- Top10 Berlin can engage other business enterprises and persons to carry out the individual tasks and services in connection with Top10 Berlin. In particular, Top10 Berlin engages service providers to analyse the use of this internet service. The service providers only have access to your personal data to the extent that this is necessary for them to carry out their tasks. The service providers are obliged to treat personal data in accordance with this provision on data privacy and relevant data privacy legislation.
- Passing on personal data to pubic bodies, in particular police authorities or public prosecution services is exclusively subject to the prerequisites of statutory provisions of law.
7. Third party services
Top10 Berlin also provides you with access to a large number of third-party services via the Top10 Berlin online portal. Top10 Berlin does not accept any liability for the data protection policies of these business enterprises and recommends you to read their data privacy provisions.
Top10 Berlin ensures the security of your data within the context of relevant data privacy legislation by means of appropriate security precautions. However, complete security cannot be ensured. Top10 Berlin draws attention to the fact that, despite the stringent security requirements, use of data disclosed by you by unauthorised persons cannot be ruled out. Thus Top10 Berlin does not accept any responsibility or liability for disclosure of information due to faulty data transmission and/or unauthorised access by a third party.
9. Right to information
Pursuant to relevant data privacy legislation as a user of Top10 Berlin you have the right to receive information of the type and extent of your data saved with Top10 Berlin at any time. For this please contact the data privacy officer of Top10 Berlin. The information is provided free of charge and upon application will be sent to you by email. Provision in writing is possible.
10. Deletion of data
Insofar as your data are no longer required for processing registration on Top10 Berlin, your data will be deleted by Top10 Berlin. If data has to be kept after the time that a registration is ended for factual reasons, they will be blocked by Top10 Berlin as of the time registration ended. The data are then no longer available for further processing or use.
11. Amendments to this data privacy provision
Top10 Berlin reserves the right to amend and/or adjust this data privacy provision at any time in compliance with the relevant regulations of data privacy. Top10 Berlin will inform you of any amendments or adjustments by email.
Consent to capturing, processing and using personal data:
- 1. I consent to RTL Radio Center Berlin GmbH, Kurfürstendamm 207-208, 10719 Berlin ('Top10 Berlin' in the following) capturing, processing and using my personal data such as first name, last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, gender, date of birth and marital status.
- 2. I consent to Top10 Berlin passing my personal data on to its vicarious agents and service providers engaged by Top10 Berlin in connection with the use of the online portal of Top10 Berlin. The vicarious agents and service providers engaged by Top10 Berlin are permitted to process and use my personal data only in order to carry out the tasks assigned to them.
- 4. I consent to Top10 Berlin using Google Analytics and the information generated by its cookies being transferred to Google Inc. ('Google' in the following) and being analysed by Google. Furthermore I consent to Google passing this information on to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process these data on behalf of Google. I am aware that I can prevent the installation of cookies by a corresponding setting of the internet browser used by me.
- 5. I consent that information on the computer used by me when the Top10 Berlin online portal is used being passed on automatically by the internet browser used by me and that this information will be saved for a maximum period of six months.
- I can revoke this declaration of consent at any time with future effect by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.