The Tempelhofer Feld was once the place from which planes took off from West Berlin into the whole world. Today it is the largest open space in the city centre with three barbecue areas, each located at the entrances to the park on Oderstrasse, Columbiadamm and Tempelhofer Damm.
If you want to do something in sunny weather, you can use the Tempelhofer Feld since May 2010. Three barbecue areas, each located at the entrances to the park on Oderstraße, Columbiadamm and Tempelhofer Damm, are available for grilling. If you don't want to make your own food, visit the beer garden. Families can play miniature golf or fly kites on windy days. It is also possible to walk your dog on one of the three dog meadows.
The 300 hectare area can be used for playing football and badminton due to the small tree population and the flat surface. The old runways at Tempelhof Airport invite you to jog, cycle, skateboard, cycle, unicycle and inline skate.
In the Urban Gardening area lettuce, carrots or tomatoes are grown on home-made raised beds by local residents and other interested parties.
IMPORTANT: Currently, BBQs are not allowed at Tempelhofer Feld. It's worth a visit anyway - a few food stands are waiting for you.
- January: 07:30 am - 05:00 pm
- February: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- March: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm
- April: 06:00 am - 08:30 pm
- May: 06:00 am - 09:30 pm
- June: 06:00 am - 10:30 pm
- July: 06:00 am - 10:30 pm
- August: 06:00 am - 09:30 pm
- September: 06:00 am - 08:30 pm
- October: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm
- November: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- December: 07:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Leisure Variety: Cycling is allowed, there are also three big dog runs where your pooch does not need a leash.
- Gastronomy: Close to the main entrance on Columbiadamm, you will find the beer garden "Luftgarten" where you can get not only a drink but also BBQ food. Small snacks and refreshments can be bought from the info boxes near the entrance gates.
- Parking: Only a limited about of parking space in front of the former airport terminal (at cost) and along Tempelhofer and Columbiadamm. With events taking place there, we recommend using public transport to get there.
- Current information: Currently, BBQs are not allowed at Tempelhofer Feld. It's worth a visit anyway - a few food stands are waiting for you.