The Gärten der Welt, which translates to gardens of the world, were expanded to 43 hectares In the course of the IGA 2017 (International Garden Exhibition 2017). In addition to ten traditional themed gardens, they present eight contemporary garden cabinets from five continents. Also, other offers such as a tropical house with Balinese gastronomy and new playgrounds for kids were created.
In addition, visitors now have access to the cable car! One can only access the lookout “Wolkenhain” and the natural bobsleigh with the cable car.
After all, the great Chinese garden is very exciting to most guests. With 2.5 hectares, it is the largest Chinese garden in Europe. The small dreamy tea house offers regular tea ceremonies and Chinese teas.
In the park's greenhouse, guests can enjoy a tropical experience in the Balinese Garden, while the Korean and Oriental gardens invite guests to relax. Examples of European garden art are the Italian Renaissance garden and the Christian garden.
The maze and the labyrinth are especially fun for the whole family. The Gärten der Welt is open year-round. In good weather, they are worth a visit at any time of year, even if some gardens are not accessible from December to March.
- Box Office Hours:
- November to February: 09:00 - 04:00 pm
- March and October: until 06:00 pm
- April to September: until 08:00 pm
- Parking: Available
- Ticket Prices: Summer (April - October) 7.00 Euro, discount: 3.00 Euro | Winter (November - March) discount: 2.00 Euro
- Remark: This is the only park in Berlin with the label "Berlin Barrier Free".
- Awards: Green Flag Award for parks and gardens