The garden park of Schloss Charlottenburg is very special indeed, not only in Berlin but all over Germany: it was built in 1697 as the first Baroque garden in Germany, modelled after French examples.
Especially the front part of the park around the Large Orangery with its geometrical shapes invites for a promenade even today.
In the hind part of the garden you will find nice relaxing greens for picnics or a nap in the sun, always brightened up with ponds and moats. Once you continue your stroll through the park, you might discover the mausoleum of Queen Luise and the small Rococo pavilion Belvedere.
- Palace Garden:
- Daily: 08:00 am until dark
- Season: April to October
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Season: November to March
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Parking: A few spaces available at cost
- Restrooms: Pulic restroom in "Neuer Flügel" (barrier-free)
- Price Level: Single ticket with guided tour or audio guide 10,00 euro, discount price 7,00 euro