The Volkspark is Berlin's oldest park. It was laid out in 1846 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Frederick the Great's accession to the throne. The popular green oasis, a 49 ha large complex, has a barbecue area on the Bunkerberg.
Instead of grilling themselves, park visitors can also buy sausages or pizza in the Schoenbrunn Beer Garden and Volkspark Friedrichshain.
After the barbecue you can visit the famous fairy-tale fountain, the rose garden or the fragrance garden during a walk.
This place is also suitable for families, as small children can have fun in a paddling pool at the fairy tale fountain or on 7 playgrounds, including the popular adventure playground "Indian Village". The whole family can also go to the climbing forest, play boccia on a boccia court or visit the open-air cinema.
There are many sport possibilities, which ensure that it does not become boring. For example, you can play basketball, soccer or beach volleyball on the sports fields or try out the halfpipe as a skateboarder and inline skater.
In addition, there is a fenced dog run in the new grove.
IMPORTANT: Barbecuing is only permitted on a small, designated barbecue area on the bunker mountain. Anyone who does not comply must pay a fine.
BBQ at Volkspark FriedrichshainVolkspark Friedrichshain 1
- Daily : Continuous
- Where can I BBQ?: Only on Kleiner Bunkerberg
- Cleanliness of the Park: The park is basically very green and cared for, the green around the BBQ area is somewhat worn and littered.
- Next Restrooms: Public toilets at cost at the entrance Platz der Vereinten Nationen and on the intersection Am Märchenbrunngen/Friedenstraße. Free restroom (barrier-free) in the area "Neuer Hain" (open 1 May - 31 October), the Restaurant Schönbrunn in the park is however closer to the BBQ area
- BBQ Crowd: Mainly young people, many of them university students
- Activities: 7 playgrounds, splash pool near the Fairy Tale Fountain, court for Basketball, Tennis, Beach Volleyball, halfpipe for skateboarders and inline skaters, open air cinema, Boccia pit, garden of scents, fenced-in dog run at Neuer Hain
- Parking: Difficult