The Monbijoupark offers a beautiful view of the Museum Island and the New Synagogue Berlin. The park separates the party mile from Berlin's historic buildings on Museum Island. Here, Berliners and tourists meet under old trees to enjoy the wonderful panorama of the Spree and the historic Museumsinsel in deck chairs.
In the park there is a small but very beautiful barbecue area. Those who don't have a barbecue can visit one of the restaurants or cafés in the immediate vicinity. Otherwise basketball or soccer is played.
The park itself is divided into two areas, which are connected by the up to 9 meter wide Spree bank promenade. The front half of the park consists of a green area with numerous trees such as chestnuts, oaks or yews. The park area further back offers numerous sunbathing lawns, a playground and an outdoor swimming pool for children.
In the open air theatre on the edge of Monbijoupark, theatre productions have been taking place for several years. The theatre has a beach bar where open air dancing lessons for couples are offered.
From Monbijoupark you can reach the Museum Island, Hackescher Markt and the Lustgarten very quickly.
IMPORTANT: Barbecuing is not allowed in the whole Monbijoupark, but only on a small, signposted barbecue area. It may also be temporarily prohibited in high heat due to the acute fire hazard.In blazing heat and immanent danger of fire, the BBQ are can be closed temporarily for safety reasons.
BBQ at MonbijouparkMonbijouplatz 3
- Daily: Continuous
- Where can you do the BBQ?: Only in the designated BBQ area. Temporary closure of the BBQ are may occur with extreme summer heat.
- Cleanliness of the Park: Very clean and well taken care of, nicely landscaped for example with tulips.
- Next restroom: Some restaurants in the area, for example the Oranium, Oranienburger Str. 33, 10117 Mitte or the restromms at Galerie c/o
- BBQ Crowd: Young people, people interested in arts and culture who take a break
- Activities: Playground, ping pong tables, Baskeball courts
- Parking: Difficult