Since the beginning of the fifties there has been this this beautiful beer garden directly at the lock in Tiergarten. With sunshine and on weekends there are long waiting lines for cake, tarte flambée, grilled specialities and much more.
The menu has become more sophisticated over the years, in any case more than it is usual with beer gardens. For asparagus time, for example, there are herb pancakes with asparagus, also a pike perch or a Caesars salad are available. The many variations of breakfast from French to English to Mediterranean are well worth the wait.
And even when it is raining you can stay there because they will open umbrellas and large retractable awnings to protect your stay there. Watch the tourist boats going into the lock next to the beer garden and you will get the real Berlin feeling when the S-Bahn zooms past.
- Monday to Friday: 11:00 am - midnight pm (food until 09:30 pm)
- Sa + So: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Prive Level: Food between 5.00 - 15,00 Euro
- Card Payment: Cash payment only
- Service: Self service
- Parking: In the street
- Public Transport: suburban train station Tiergarten