The Spreepark Berlin, formerly VEB Kulturpark Plänterwald, was a popular amusement park and one of the most important leisure attractions in the GDR. For nearly thirty years, visitors were looking for relaxation and entertainment here. In 1969, the Spreepark was opened and was in operation until 2001. After that, the park was closed and the grounds fenced.
In 2014, the city of Berlin bought the site. Since 2016, Grün Berlin GmbH has been responsible for the approximately 23 hectare area and is developing a new concept for the site as an art and cultural park. First, the site must be secured and possible dangers for visitors eliminated.
Whoever is interested and Berliners who associate childhood memories with the Spreepark can visit the grounds on official guided tours of Grün Berlin GmbH. From June 2018, guided tours in English and artistic tours will take place. Interested parties can explore parts of the area on weekends and public holidays to learn more about the colorful history of the former amusement park and the current state of planning.
The approximately 90-minute guided tours are offered on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm. Registration is required and possible immediately. Green Berlin points out that there are no parking spaces and recommends the use of public transport.
Guided tours at SpreeparkKiehnwerderallee 1-3
+49 30 280 18 320
- guided tours in English: start in June 2018
- Price Level: guided tours for adults: 5,50 euros, children (6 - 14 years): 3,50 euros
- Reservation: necessary. www.gruen-berlin.de/spreepark or +49 30 280 18 320
- Parking: none, public transport is recommended
- public transport: S42 S41 S8 S9 | S-Bhf Treptower Park (ca. 20 min zum Wachschutzgebäude, Kiehnwerderallee) S8 S9 S47 S85 Bus 165 166 277 377 | S-Bhf Plänterwald (ca. 20 min zum Wachschutzgebäude, Kiehnwerderallee) Bus 265 | Neue Krugallee/Dammweg (ca. 10 min zum Wachschutzgebäude, Kiehnwerderallee)
- Start of guides tours: Entrance Dammweg / Kiehnwerderallee