They only have one screen but their walls are adorned with gilded stucco and just like in the silent movie era, a piano stands in front of the screen. Red seats, colourful square wall lamps and a very retro wallpaper complete the picture.
The tickets are sold by a lady at a counter in the lobby, she tears the tickets from a roll. And it never gets hectical here, so be prepared to wait sometimes a little but you'll be compensated by not being forced to watch commercials before the movie. On some days they only have two screenings, on other up to seven shows.
In addition to the usual film program Lichtblick also offers special film series, such as "LakiShots" (Latin American short films), "Back to the Beginning" (filmmakers introduce their early works) or "ExBlicks" (current Berlin films with English subtitles for an international audience). As often as possible, Lichtblick also invites filmmakers and author filmmakers to the performances.
- Box office: opens 30 minutes prior screenings
- Price Level: Adults: 6.50 Euro (overlength films: 7.00 Euro); discount ticket 5.50 Euro; children: 3.00 Euro
- Remark: If you hold one of their free bonus cards, every 7th movie is for free! Closed on Fridays.
- Remark: With just 32 seats it's one of the smallest cinemas in Berlin
- Public Transportation: Tram: Schwedter Straße (M1, M12); U Eberswalder Straße or U Rosenthaler Platz