The Suksan on Ansbacherstraße near Wittenbergplatz is the combination of a Thai restaurant and a cocktail lounge. Its outside is rather unspectacular, yet on the inside the walls are lined with bamboo and Thai imagery. "Suksan" translates to "smile" by the way and invites to a culinary trip to the land of smiles.
People working in the office blocks in the area for a quick and inexpensive lunch, for example Gai de Suksan - chicken Suksan style - served with a fruity mango sauce with lots of fresh veggies. Also the crisp-fried duck comes with a light mango sauce, coconut milk and red curry. If you are up to something more exotic and you can handle a bit of spiciness: try Pa-Neng Mahpau on Gai: chicken breast on red sauce with copra (the flesh of the coconut) and basil vegetable - served in a fresh coconut shell! Next to chicken, you can also order pork, fish or seafood.
Tip: The creamy milk shakes, made with pineapple or passion fruit, may not be genuine Thai food, but they are prepared always fresh and harmonize very well with the flavours of the fruity sauces with chicken.
Their staff, dressed in traditional Thai clothes, will be happy to tell you more about dishes you may not know or how spicy the dish in question is.
- Monday to Thursday: Noon - 11:00 pm
- Friday: Noon - midnight
- Saturday: 04:00 pm - midnight
- Sunday: 05:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Parking: Either on the parking garage of the Europa Center across the street on Nürnberger Straße or (more difficult) for free after 8:00 pm on Ansbacher Straße.
- Card Payment: EC, Visa. Amex, Mastercard, Diners Club
- Price Level: Lunch special between noon - 05:00 pm between 4,90 - 7,90 euro, after 05:00 pm 9,00 - 22,90 euro