If you want to intensify your knowledge on this subject, you can book special tours that will enlighten you as to where the Wall divided the city, how the border fortifications were structured and of course show you remains of the Wall. The guides of "Berlin by Berliners", as first-hand witnesses either from the West or the East, tell authentic stories of the end of the Wall and try to give an impression of what it was like to live in a city divided especially to people born after the Wall came down.
Stops of the guided tours on foot are the Berlin Wall Memorial at Bernauer Straße with the "Window of Rememberance" to commemorate the people who died at the Wall. Nerve-wrecking escapes through tunnels under the Wall are relived, the tunnel tracks shown by lines on the ground. The tour takes place in a circle around the history-laden locations between Bornholmer Brücke and Checkpoint Charlie. Shorter tours stay in the area of Bernauer Straße. The tours take between 2 - 3 hours, a prior reservation is required.
- Tours: According to booking.
- Tours: The tours take between 2 to 3 hours and cater for groups up to 20 persons.
- Starting Points: Individually set. Frequently at the subway station Bernauer Straße.
- Price Level: 12,00 euro, discounts for groups.
- Card Payment: cash payment only
- Languages: German, English, Spanish