This small Thai restaurant on Berlin-Prenzlazer Berg's Käthe-Niederkirchner-Straße is more than only an insiders' tip, its superb food has earned it a loyal group of fans. The Taleh Thai has become so popular that it is better to have a reservation if you want to have dinner there on a special evening.
Their menu card is surprisingly big for such a small restaurant and will welcome you with a wide scope of Thai specialities with various meats, fish and seafood to a big number of vegetarian dishes.
A special highlight for example is LAAB PET - a salad of duck meat with coriander, onion, chili and Thai herbs or KHANOM CHIP - steamed dumplings filles with mushrooms, chicken meant and prawns with a home-made plum sauce. The big scorer with chicken is KÄNG KUA SAPPAROT GAI - spicy hot chicken meat in coconut milk, served with red curry with a side of pineapple, basil and lemon leaves.
Friends of seafood will get a treat with KHI MAO TALEH - fried seafood, seasoned with Thai herbs and served with Thai aubergines, green pepper and Thai basil.
- Daily: 05:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Parking: Difficult, only some spots at cost in the street or with a residents' parking card.
- Card Payment: EC, Maestro, Visa, Master
- Public Transport: Can be reached per tram, bus to either Greifswalder Straße and Am Friedrichshain
- Price Level: 5,00 - 20,00 euro
- Available Seats: Inside 35, outside 20
- Remark: Children welcome, location can be rented for events, cooking events at home