Alone for the view of Berlin a visit to the restaurant at the Bundestag, run by Feinkost Käfer, is worthwhile. You can enjoy a fine meal right next to the glass dome of the German Parliament. It's the only public restaurant in a building of parliament. In summer the glazing of the conservatory can be opened completely.
The restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, coffee and cake in the afternoon as well as an upscale dinner. The cuisine is German with French accents and the chef rewrites the menu every two to three months. The seasonal menu might feature for example crispy saddle of suckling pig & braised ribs or the best of veal with veal tounge ragout, pink filet, praline, parsley, potato puree, root vegetables and burgundy. Quite a tasty combination is also the "Feel Good Breakfast" with 1 glass of GIO Secco, freshly squeezed orange juice, organic bread rolls, wholegrain bread, pastries, croissant, homemade jams, Bavarian blue cheese, pultry ham and a whole lot more.
Good to know: A reservation a few days in advance is necessary, as all guests must be registered for the security check at the entrance of the German Bundestag. The restaurant is happy to do this for its guests. The names and birth dates of all guests should be available at least 48 hours before the visit so that admission can be granted.
- Daily: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm + 07:00 pm - 23:59 pm
- Price Level: Breakfast between 10,00 - 30,00 euro, main courses for lunch around 20,00 euro, main courses dinner ca. 30,00 Euro
- Reservation: via online registration: http://www.feinkost-kaefer.de/kontaktanfrage_bundestag/#c0
- Parking: At Haus der Kulturen der Welt on John-Foster-Dulles-Allee (across the street of the Chancellor's Office)
- Breakfast: 09:00 am - 10:15 am
- Lunch: Noon - 02:30 pm
- Coffee Hour: 03:30 pm - 04:30 pm
- Dinner: 06:30 pm - midnight