The first thing you’ll notice when entering the restaurant Wartesaal is the huge open grill. It’s this piece that gives a warm and welcoming impression of the place that combines restaurant, grill and café all in one. Big walls and wooden furniture reminds you of the huge waiting halls at old train stations. The sitting booths for about four people are perfect to spend your lunch break at with some of your colleagues.
The audience here is quite young or at least young at heart. The cuisine differs. You can get anything from perfectly cooked redfish piccata with tomato sauce and pasta or traditional Berlin dishes for lunch, but the menu also offers grilled goods like the Classic Angus Beef Burger and other fish and meat dishes from the grill. The staff is very friendly and works fast.
From Monday to Friday you can choose from the reasonable priced lunch menu. On Sundays there is a huge brunch buffet from 11:00 am to 03:00 pm.
- Mon - Sun: from 11:00 am on
- Business Lunch:
- Mon - Fri: 12:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Sunday: 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Price Level: Business Lunch: 6.90 Euro - 8.90 Euro; main dishes: 8.50 Euro - 13.50 Euro for pizza & pasta; 13.50 Euro - 40.00 Euro for fish and meat dishes; Sunday brunch: 16.90 Euro per person
- Parking: Difficult, payed parking at Bahnhof Zoo
- Public Transportation: S- & U-Bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Card Payment: Cash Card, Visa, Mastercard