You will not only find lipsticks from the baroque era to the present but also the matching publicity for them and prints of the kissing lips of famous stars like Mireille Mathieu or Simone Thomalla.
On top of that, the visitors learn something about the cultural history of the lipstick, for examle the self-confident appearance of women with make-up smoking as vamps. It is definitely desired that you touch the exhibits.
Should you wish to do so, you may "pretty up" your lips after the tour using make-up tips from the professional.
Lipstick MuseumHelmstedter Straße 16
- Saturday: 02:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Reservation: Required
- Entrance Ticket: 20,00 (includes champagne, coffee and cake)
- Barrier Free: Regular tour and make-up tips for blind people
- Tour Languages: 2 hours tour in German
- Tours: Only personal tours by René Koch, maximum group size is 15 persons with prior reservation
- Parking: In the street
- Remark: René Koch opens his house not only for museum visitors, he also hosts salon evening during which he reads from his letters with Hildegard Knef or where artists recite love poems by Heine. On top of that, Koch's make-up studio in his house is a point of call for people with skin diseases or burn marks. A camouflage make-up matching exactly the complexion and the skin colour helps the affected to regain confidence and lead a life of a higher living quality.