Ribbeck became famous for the poem “Herr von Ribbeck auf Ribbeck im Havelland” by the famous German poet Theodor Fontane. The charming little town Ribbeck situated about 50 km west of Berlin on the B5 attracts visitors and families with an amazing number of attractions. In the middle of the old town centre is the lovingly renovated castle, where the history of the old Ribbeck family is told in the castle museum.
Even the legendary pear tree, which is sung about in Fontane's poem, can still be seen in Ribbeck: A replanting of the famous tree stands next to the village church. The “Alte Brennerei”, an old Distillery, in the former estate of Ribbeck is also worth a visit. Today, pear jam, pear vinegar and fine liqueurs are produced in the distillery building erected in 1850. The delicious products around the pear can be bought in the farm shop.
The historical ensemble also includes the old village church of Ribbeck, the parish garden and the old school. The old school building, built in 1841, now houses a small café with an idyllic café garden and a historic classroom. Families are entertained by the painting school in the old sheepfold, the Marienhof children's farm, which can be reached via a barefoot path, and in summer by the corn maze in Ribbeck.
Top 10 Insider’s tip for families: For refreshment, visit the child-friendly Café Theodor, which sells homemade cakes as well as ice cream from the organic farm and has a summer garden with playground. Family events such as fairytale afternoons and theme brunches also take place here. Before going home you also should try the excellent pear cake and hand brewed coffee in the Old Washhouse.
- Daily: Continuous
- Castle and Museum: Daily: 10:00 am - 05.00 pm; Museum ticket: 3,00 euro, discount ticket 2,00 Euro, children up to the age of 12 years are free, tours through the castle and the village, daily at 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm, 6,00 euro/person
- Church and Pear Garden: April to October: daily 11:00 am - 06:00 pm; November to March: Friday to Sunday: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Children's Farm: March to November, wednesday to sunday 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Corn Labyrinth: July to October: daily between 10:00 am - 06:00 pm, last admission at 05:30 pm www.maislabyrinth-ribbeck.de/
- Café Theodor: Alte Hamburger 9, 14641 Ribbeck (wednesday to friday: 11:00 am - 05:30 pm; Saturday + Sunday: 12:00 pm - 05:00 pm) www.cafe-theodor.de