With around 60 exhibits, the Extavium in Potsdam invites all explorers, big and small, to an interesting journey into the world of science.
In the permanent exhibition and in experimental workshops specially designed for children, young explorers can experiment under the guidance of a tutor. Children can, for example, build their own solar cells, explore the subject of light and colour in the light laboratory, or explore the forces of nature in the "Water and Air" course. By dealing with phenomena from nature, science becomes not only understandable but is also a lot of fun. The participatory exhibition is aimed at children from 3 to 99 years old who are thirsty for knowledge. The “Wichtelwelt” area is available for the very young from 6 months.
Depending on the season, new experimental courses are offered. There are also school program courses that can supplement the scientific subjects. Kindergarden and school groups are also welcome at Extavium in Potsdam. The Extavium also offers special packages for children's birthdays.
The Extavium originally started as an exhibition at Potsdam Central Station and then moved to a permanent location at Filmpark Babelsberg. Currently, it has had a location in Potsdam's city center Am Kanal 57.
- During school season:
- Monday to Wednesday: only for registered schools
- Thursday and Friday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Ticket Prices: Children aged 1 - 3: 3,00 Euro; children aged 4 - 17: 5,00 Euro; adults: 7,00 Euro, participation in science workshops (30 minutes): 5,00 Euro additionally
- Reservation: Required for groups of 10 and more
- Parking: Available