Former German Emperor Wilhelm II. used to make a halt here and freshen up with a glass of champagne after a day of horse riding. The outside of the building has remained unchanged since his times. Former German heavyweight boxing champion Franz Diener bought the place and renamed it "Franz Diener". Soon after the "Diener" was the in-place for artists and half a year after Diener's death Lilo Wirthwein and Rolf Honold took over the reigns there. They have kept alive the tradition of the "artists' bar" to this day and have continuously enlarged the photo gallery started in 1954. Around 500 portraits of artists hang on the patina-covered walls of this restaurant.
Share this location:Share this location on Whatsapp
- Daily: from 06:00 pm
- Parking: in the street
- Reservation: Kindly asked for.
- Card Payment: cash payment only