Everything is hand-made in the small bakery and patisserie Hacker based in Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg. Most of the dough is prepared with natural sourdough, not because it is currently hip but much more because this is how traditional bakers work - without any chemical or artificial ingredients.
The bakery's customers appreciate above all the breads made with natural sourdough like wheat bread, wholegrain bread, brown bread, coarse flour bread, Holstein Bread to onion bread and marathon bread. Everything is made in the bakery's own bake house following the traditional ways of the trade. You can get real Berlin bakery products here like Knüppel and Schrippen as well as cakes and cookies like of old. Especially the ladies are overjoyed with sheet cakes and cookies. Also the Berlin Splitterbrötchen is among the specials of Hacker's bakery.
The shop of this little neighbourhood bakery smells like a bakery is supposed to smell. The bakery does away with modern interior, the place looks like a baker's of old. Most of the clients are locals from the area which have been buying here for years, better said for decades at Hacker's. Tourists also favour this bakery and most often take a TV Tower cookie home as a sweet and tasty Berlin souvenir.
Bäckerei & Konditorei HackerStargarder Straße 69
- Tuesday to Friday: 07:00 am - 06:30 pm
- Saturday: 06:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Sunday and Monday: closed
- Parking: The bakery doesnt have parking spaces of its own, Stargader Straße and the entire neighbourhood has parking metres installed.
- Price Level: Great value for money, despite the outstanding quality very down to Earth. All products priced between 0,25 euro and 20,00 euro. Custom-made cakes may cost more.