The variety found on this popular market on Friedrichshain's Boxhagener Platz seems nearly endless. You can find anything here from falafel and Köfte to hedgehog slices and veggie patties to jewellery and bags. This market has a tradition of more than 100 years. And while you are scouting the stalls for a warm cap for fall and winter, why not enjoy a freshly-made juice or a hot coffee?
If all of a sudden you feel starving, you are faced with a difficult choice: What kind of snack do you go for? Turkish, Albanian, Arab or rather Russian? And between all the stalls selling healthy and tasty things, you may also bump into the oddball stand selling records, dime novels or little toys.
- Saturday: 09:00 am - 03:30 pm
- What can you expect there?: Fruit, veggies, bread, baked goods, prducts made from Aronia fruit, licorice, several vendors of pesto, hemp products, fresh fish, smoked fish, cheese, eggs, sausages, meat, Polish sweets as well as sausages and cheese, flowers, coffee, plantain snacks, felt slippers, crêpes, wood wares, Hungarian langos, tea, herbs, Dutch poffertjes, raclette, pet supplies, buffalo roast, horse meat, ostrich meat, venison, Spreewald gherkins, cheese soup, Steckerlfisch, Greek specialities, organic nut spread, nuts, berries, little toys
- Number of Market Stalls: 80 - 100
- Parking: In the streets of the area but provide for some time searching
- Reservation of Stalls: Thursday: Noon - 03:00 pm, phone 0178 - 47 622 42