Buy great fruit, veggies and flowers fresh on the market on Wittenbergplatz - right across the street from KaDeWe.
Shopping on this really nice market is just plain fun. The products sold are really exquisite, often from organic production they command justifiably a somewhat higher price, like for example fine organic cheese.
Next to the fresh gourmet variety, this market has a lot of snack stalls which help you out with lentil stew, goulash and grilled chicken or sweet snacks like sheetcakes, tartes and delicious patisserie creations. The Wittenbergplatz market is also a great place to shop for flowers.
Brandenburg Farmers' Market on WittenbergplatzWittenbergplatz 1
- Thursday (summertime) : 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday (wintertime): 10:00 am - 5.00 pm
- What can you expect there?: Fruit, veggies (also the more unusual kind like purple carrots or the potato variety "Linda"), organic meat, meat specialities (i.e. bison meat, lamb and Heidschnucke meat, a special sheep breed), bread and baked goods, patisserie, smoked fish, fresh fish, cheese, eggs, oils from the Werder oil mill, herbs and condiments, Spreewald gherkins, syrup, juice, honey, jams, coffee, snack stalls with stew of lentils or peas, goulash, Bratwurst, grilled chicken and baked potatoes
- Number of Market Stalls: 40 - 60
- Parking: Parking garages at cost in the area