The Ramones Museum on Oberbaumstraße in Berlin-Kreuzberg shows everything a fan's heart yearns for: starting with unpublished photos to written exhibits like set lists to collectible rare merchandise articles. There's even an original pair of jeans on display that Johnny Ramone wore on stage. Museum owner Florian Heyler has been working for many years as a (music) journalists and many of the over 300 exhibits were given to him by the band members personally.
Top10 Tipp: Buy a T-Shirt with the museum logo in the neighbouring blitz Boutique. These shirts have long gained cult status and are worn by stars like Green Day or The Gaslight Anthem. After that unwind in the cosy museum café.
- Monday to Thursday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Noon - 08:00 pm
- Ticket Price: 3,50 euro
- Languages: The exhibits are labelled in English
- Tours: None
- Barrier Free: Yes
- Parking: Difficult, some public parking spaces may be found on Oranienburgerstraße and neighbouring streets
- Remark: Regular venue for acoustic life concerts, current calendar of events to be found on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Berlin-Germany/RAMONES-MUSEUM-BERLIN), where you can see that not only John Doe but also stars visit the Ramones Museum.