Since June 20th 2017 the MACHmit! Museum for Children presents its new exhibition "The wide horizon".
The new annual exhibition is devoted to the lives of native americans in the USA. The museum examines how native americans lived yesterday and how they live today. Do Indians really don't know any pain? Are they all living in tipis, als Karl May suggested? Additionally children learn about European settlement in North America.
Of course exciting activities in the MACHmit! Museum cannot be missed: Children ride with a herd of hobby horses and get to know unusual stories about Indian cultures. In various workshops exhibition themes are deepened in artistically and in craftsmanship. The aim of the exhibition is to convey tolerance, respect and curiosity.
Generally the MACHmit! Museum for Children will offer theme-oriented workshops for children with their on-going exhibitions. Experimenting, printing and designing – all are possible in these workshops. The MACHmit! Museum for children can also be booked for a birthday party for the party guests to be active in the workshops of the museum. A summer programme is organised during the school vacation.
- Groups Tuesday to Friday: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Individuals Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Holidays: 10.00 am - 06:00 pm
- Monday: closed
- Birthday Parties: Package I: guided birthday party up to three hours with cake and beverages: 160,00 Euro for up to 8 kids, every additional child: 15,00 Euro (max. 2 children more); one adult free, every additional adult 5,50 Euro. Package II guided birthday party up to two hours, no cake nor beverages: 120,00 Euro for up to 8 children, every additional child 10,00 Euro (max. 2 children more), one free adult, every additional adult 5,50 Euro.
- Vacation Programme: For Easter, Summer and Autumn Holidays: Workshop + Lunch + free playing cost 120 Euro per week. Suited from 3rd grade and up. Timeframe: between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. Registration at the latest one week prior!
- Children's Flea Market: The museum also runs children's flea markets. For details, please check their website.
- Price Level: Single ticket: 5,50 Euro from 3 years on, discount ticket and children aged up to 2 3,50 Euro; family ticket 20,00 euro; discount ticket 16 Euro (ALG II) 2 adults + max. 3 children, group ticket: 4,00 Euro per person (min. 10 persons); annual ticket: 40,00 Euro individuals, 130,00 Euro per family 2 adults + max. 3 children