The historic building with its Asian dragon sculptures in the palace gardens of Sanssouci was originally built as home for the royal vine dresser. Today, it is the location of Restaurant & Café Drachenhaus ("Dragon House") to make you relive an era gone by.
Their event calendar regulary features special evening menus, like for example the "Prussian Potato Evening" or the "Round Table with Frederick the Great". The Round Table evening serves you some of the favourite dishes of Frederick the Great, cooked after the original recipes of the time which were discovered in an archive in Berlin. An actor plays the part of Frederick the Great and the waiters are dressed in costumes of the era. For bigger groups, the dinner with Frederick the Great can be scheduled as individual event.
Equally extraordinary and very romantic is the "Dinner beneath the Stars". Not only the candlelight provides for the right atmosphere, but also how the exquisite dishes are prepared. Don't Fried Lamb's Back with a crust of herbs and parmesan on Balsamico lentils and buttered "La Ratte" potatoes sound mouth-watering?
- April to October:
- Daily: 11:00 am - 08:00 pm
- November to March:
- Tue to Sun: 12:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- January and February:
- opens only on weekends:
- Parking: Nearby
- Card Payment: EC, Mastercard, Visa, Ame
- Reservation: Required
- Historic Round Table: Round table with 5-course menu for 79,00 euro/person, individual round tables for groups up to 20 people for a mininum of 450,00 euro plus menu cost (can be booked for any restaurant in Berlin and Potsdam!), booking with Mr. Olaf Kappelt, phone + 49 30 - 450 238 74
- Dinner beneath the Stars: Between 42,00 - 75,00 euro; starters around 10,00 euro, main courses approximately 15,00 euro, cakes and desserts starting at around 3,00 euro.