This small bakery and patissierie with café scores big time with high-quality, traditional craftmanship. The Jebens family has been working in the patissier trade since 1769, passed on from generation to generation. However, it is not only tradition here, the craftful baker's work goes hand in hand with modern flavour experiences.
When it comes to bread, Conditorei Jebens banks entirely on cereals from integrated production. A long baking time on stone plates guarantees a crunchy crust with awesome taste. The fancy cakes come with all-time classics like Sachertorte from Vienna and the Black Forest Cake. Seasonal cakes are a real treat, too: Their strawberry tarteletts look as if the strawberries had been harvested only 5 minutes before and their pie crust literally melts in your mouth.
For people looking for a working lunch, Café Jebens offers between 11:00 am - 03:30 pm an inexpensive lunch. It's an honest lunch, down-to-Earth and very German in its orientation.
Café Jebens is a traditional family-run company and does not belong to any franchise. The family has been working in the patissierie business since 1769 (!).
Conditorei & Café JebensHohenzollerndamm 47 a
- Monday to Friday: 05:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday: 07:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Sunday: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Price Level: Lunch: 3,80 euro - 5,90 euro, for example: Carrot-Curry Soup with baguette: 3,80, Spanish Tortilla de Patatas: 5,90 euro, pork schnitzel: 6,90 euro. These are just price examples, their lunch card changes every week.
- Card Payment: EC for bills of 5,00 euro and more, AX credit card
- Parking: Difficult, best to go there using public transport (S-Bahn Hohenzollerndamm)
- Particularity: Everything is made in the house, totally fresh: bread, bread rolls, cakes, tartes, cookies, lunch and 50 different fruit spreads, all of them with low sugar contents. Try their cakes - they are gorgeous!
- Sunday Buffet: Sunday 09:00 am - 02:00 pm, 7,50 euro for adults, children up to 10 years pay only half price, children up to 3 are free. Buffet: cold cuts, cheese, salmon, mozzarella, fresh fruit, eggs, muesli, fresh waffels and 30 flavours of sugar-reduced fruit spreads