The market on Kollwitzplatz has turned into a real institution in Prenzlauer Berg and also people from other parts of Berlin and tourists come here to shop or have a market experience. The flair and the nearly incredible variety of fresh organic produce are what makes this market so extraordinary. Around 40 market stalls sell the finest in organic produce. You can get anything here: from regional and organic fruit and veggies, home-baked bread, tasty cheese, eggs from free-range chickens, organic meat and wines to woollen articles. On the more unusual part you can shop for felt slippers, ceramics and natural cosmetics on the Kollwitzplatz market. The market also scores brownie points with its unique atmosphere amidst busy cafés, bars and restaurants. But of course also on the market itself you can sit down and have a coffee and a slice of cake. The kids' playground on Kollwitzplatz is also quite busy, packed to the brim on weekends.
The "Kolle" features Berlin's longest bench, providing space for 120 people sitting down and relaxing after a tour of the market.
Top10 Berlin insiders' tip: As interesting as the longest bench are the celebrities shopping here, politicians like Wolfgang Thierse and Renate Künast, actress Corinna Harfouch or TV chef Alfred Biolek.
- Thursday (summer): Noon - 07:00 pm
- Thursday (winter): Noon - 06:00 pm
- What can you expect there?: Fruit, veggies, jams, honey, meat, sausages, cheese, bread, baked goods, eggs, fish, Italian specialities, crêpes, soup, coffee, juices, clothing, felted slippers, ceramics, soap, natural cosmetics
- Number of Market Stalls: 20 - 40
- Parking: Difficult
- Remark: Kollwitzplatz hosts another Farmer's Market on Saturdays between 9:00 am - 04:00 pm.