If you want to start you Sunday with a relaxed breakfast or link a slice of cake with a cup of coffee and a bit of culture, has come to the right place with the KW Institute for Contemporary Art (short: KW Berlin) and its Café Bravo.
The glass cube in the card housing the café is its own work of art. It was designed by the American artist Dan Graham, whose works can be seen regularly at the Dokumenta.
Equally famous as the Dokumenta when it comes to contemporary art is the KW Berlin. British shock artists Jake and Dinos Chapman have had a show here. A retrospective of cult director Rainer Werner Fassbinding and his film "Berlin Alexanderplatz" has also called great attention. The gallery is an art hotspot for the Berlin-Biennanle, a festival of arts taking place every other year!
Tip of the Top10 Berlin team: the Biennale 1998 saw the installation of "Valerio II" on the transept building - a slide going from the top floor of the building to the courtyard which can be used by the visitors!
KW Berlin and Café BravoAuguststraße 69
- Monday and Wednesday, Friday to Sunday: Noon - 07:00 pm
- Thursday: Noon - 09:00 pm
- Café Bravo:
- Monday: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Tuesday to Saturday: 09:00 am - open end
- Sunday: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Gallery Tickets: 6,00 euro, discount ticket 4,00 euro, on Thursdays 07:00 - 09:00 pm 4,00 euro including a guided tour through the exhibition at 07:00 pm
- Parking: Difficult