The venue underwent an extensive restoration and was equipped with the latest technical equipment - now it is waiting for film fans from all over with 7 different screens for your viewing pleasure. The Filmpalast will screen above all sophisticated entertainment and family movies. The interior bridges the gap to its glorious past, however in a new interpretation. Premier seating in box seats with serving service. Lots of space with enough leg room, a coatroom in the antehall and a movie lounge with a cocktail-espresso bar offer movie enjoyment of the special kind.
On a sidenote: the Zoo Palast was built in 1957 for the Berlin International Film Festival Berlinale and is an architectural monument for the conservation of which the Society of Listed Buildings has spoken forth. Therefore the Zoo Palast is a hommage to the great era of movie theatres in the 1950s and 1960s with their outstanding architecture and chic of the era. The glamourous reopening in 2013 saw a many celebrities and a very special guest: legendary actress Lilo Pulver who also attended the original opening in 1957!
- Box Office Hours: 10:30 am - 11:30 pm
- Price Level: Children up to 14 years: around. 7.00 Euro, adults: ca. 11.50 Euro and up, box seats starting at 12.50 Euro; special tariffs for viewers with children apply on Sunday.
- Card Payment: EC, Visa, Mastercard
- Public Transport: S-Bahn and U-Bahn Zoologischer Garten
- Parking: Parking Garage Zoo: Access via Kantstraße 8-10 and Hardenbergstraße 25; Parking Garage Neues Kranzlereck: Entrance Kantstraße 160, Parking Garage Europa-Center: Access via Nürnberger Straße 5-7 (all three parking garages 24/7)
- Special Service: Free ticket reservation and purchase via Internet with SMS-link to your smartphone (eTicket), booking of preferred seats available via smartphone, doorman, attendant and staff in the movie theatre, VIP entrance for regulars and holders of box seats, 2 antehalls with coatrooms