The planning of the Neue Nationalgalerie on Kulturforum was entrusted to the famous architect Mies van der Rohe who worked in his design with the biggest self-supporting steel plate in the world. The result is a pavillion flooded with light turning it into the home of the most important international art of the 20th century with for example paintings by Picasso, Kell or Dalí.
The Neue Nationalgalerie gained spectacular fame with the special exhibition "The MoMa in Berlin" which showed more than 200 work from the New York Museum of Modern Art. With 1,2 million visitors it is widely regarded as one of the most succesful exhibitions ever.
Neue NationalgaleriePotsdamer Straße 50
+49 30 266 424 242
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Ticket Prices: 8,00 euro (discount ticket 4,00 euro)
- Barrier Free: Suited for wheelchairs, 2 handicapped parking spaces.
- Audio Guides: German and English
- Parking: difficult