If you love German wines you’ll be pleased to visit the comfy wine bar Weinkehr in Berlin-Friedrichshain. Run by expats from Hesse the bar is a very welcoming place in this hipster neighborhood.
Most of the wines are from Rheingau, but they also offer wines from other German wine-growing regions. Weinkehr focuses on white wines like dry Chardonnays, Pinot Blanc, but also Pinot Noir and many kinds of Riesling. Of course you can also buy some high-quality vinos or some apple cider from Hesse.
Along with the wine you can order some snacks like cheese from Hesse, olives and mixed plates. If you want to buy a bottle of good wine, you’ll definitely find a good one at the shop next door.
During summer you can also enjoy your wine outsides on the patio.
- Mon - Do: 06:00 pm - 01:00 am
- Fri - Sat: 06:00 pm - 02:00 am
- Reservation: Recommended (on weekends)
- Card Payment: Cash only, but there are ATM's in the area
- Price Level: Different priced wines. The Zechwein starts from 2.90 Euro a glas 0.1 l and the most expensive wine is 14.00 Euro a glas. Snacks cost between 4.50 Euro and 7.90 Euro and you can get wine bottles for 18.00 Euro
- Parking: In the streets (there is free parking a frew walking minutes from the bar)
- Hint: The bar is very small (50 square meter) and offers space for 35-40 people.
- Awards: Falstaff named the Weinkehr one of the best wine bars in Germany.