In 2019 the Gendarmenmarkt will be the spectacular backdrop for the Classic Open Air from July 04th to July 08th. The event will be full with a mix of popular classical music and crossover with various musical genres from different eras.
The Classic Open Air is the highlight of Berlin’s culture-summer. The first evening features the German Film Orchestra Babelsberg and takes the guests on a musical journey through time from the twenties to the presend day. Other highlights of the festival are nights such as "Highlights of classical music", "Opera italiana" or "four pianists - one concert".
The Classic Open Air has been an institution for over 25 years and has turned into one of the mainstays of the concert summer in Germany's capital.
One of the annual highlights of the event is the closing fireworks and Gendarmenmarkt itself. With is impressive architecture with the Konzerthaus built by Schinkel and the New Church and the French Church of Friedrichstadt, the Gendarmenmarkt is widely regarded as one of Europe's most beautiful places.
- Season 2016: July 21 - 25 2016
- Thursday, July 21 2016, 07:00 pm: First Night - Anniversary Gala
- Friday, July 22 2016, 07:00 pm: Viennese Spirit - from Strauß to Udo Jürgens
- Saturday, July 23 2016, 07:00 pm: The World of the Opera in Light und Fire
- Sunday, July 24 2016, 07:00 pm: Gershwin, Bernstein & Friends
- Monday, July 25 2016, 07:00 pm: Chris de Burgh honors 25 years of Classic Open Air
- Tickets: Ticket-Hotline: 01806 – 999 000 606 (0,20 €/call when calling from a German landline: max. 0,60 € when calling from a mobile number)
- Parking: On concert days, the guests can park for 4,50 euro in the parking garage Friedrichstadtpassagen of Contipark (access via Tauben- and Jägerstraße). The ticket can be validated right after accessing the parking garage on any ticket machine and remains valid between 06:00 pm - 01:00 pm. If you overstay, you have you settle the difference before leaving with your vehicle.
- Where to stay?: The organizer cooperates with the Hilton Hotel, located directly on Gendarmenmarkt. The hotel offers special rates during the Classic Open Air. And of course you can also stay in any other hotel in Berlin-Mitte if you look for alternatives in time.