This library is named after the Brothers Grimm Jacob and Wilhelm and is the university library of the Humboldt University Berlin. The library however is public, so everybody who is at least 16 years old and lives in Germany can register for a library card. More than 2,5 million books from the disciplines human, cultural, social and economic sciences. "Science" may sound terribly dry and boring, but this is far from the truth.
The shelves hold also many novels for example by Jane Austen and even entertaining science books such as "The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'Oh of Homer". The library offers countless calm places to read but also a little cafeteria with sandwiches, warm food and coffee.
- Monday to Friday: 08:00 am - midnight
- Saturday: 10:00 am - midnight
- Sunday: 10:00 am - midnight
- Book Selection: More than 2,5 million books from the disciplines human, cultural, social and economic sciences.
- Card Payment: The library can be used free of charge.
- Parking: Difficult