What is good and what is bad design? The museum staff are looking for the answer to this question and present a lot of curious things while doing to. Contrary to other museums however, the 500 square metres do not only show the stellar examples of design but also the exact opposite - which makes this place so interesting!
- Monday, Friday to Sunday: Noon - 07:00 pm
- Ticket Prices: around 5,00 euro/ discount ticket at 3,00 euro; children under 16 und item caretakers free of charge
- Barrier Free: Not entirely wheelchair fit (narrow aisles, labels too high); guided tours for blind and visually impeded people available (maximum 8 people with assistant), price to be agreed upon
- Tour Languages: German and English
- Tours: In German for individuals on Sundays at 2:00 pm for around 3,00 euro; group tours in German and Englisch (max. 15 people) for 45,00 euro + 2,00 euro per person. Available also outside of the opening hours are tours on special subjects such as "How to live?", "100 years of plastics" and "German Werkbund and Culture or Things - mine, mine, mine!!!" ; Guided museum rallye of 2 hours for a group of maximun 10 children aged 10 and up (with parent or legal guardian) for around 95,00 euro, including a little snack and a goody bag also suited for birthday parties!
- Parking : Difficult
- Remark: Caretaker for the exhibits, the so-called "Dingpfleger", are wanted. The caretaker treaty for example for a canned fish "Budapester Feuer", the piggy bank "Goldi" or a bottle of Club Cola starts with an annual contribution of around 20,00 euro. A prominent caretaker is TV presenter Jörg Thadeusz. Every second Friday of the month between 1:00 - 2:00 pm, there is consultation hour: visitors can have an item examined whether it is art or clatter. Sundays between 3:00 - 5:00 pm the so-called explainers will teach you something about the exhibits free of charge.