The founder of this museum was the famous German physician and pathologist Rudolf Virchow. Virchow had to fight for a long time for his musezm but in the end he prevailed and created a collection second to none. Virchow's motto was:"No day without preparation".
Today the museum shows about 750 artifacts in its permanent exhibition, always enriched by topical special exhibitions on the subject of medicine and the history of medicine. Annually about 90.000 people visit the museum, not only doctors and physicians but also students and the interested general public.
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Wednesday & Saturday: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Ticket Prices: around 7,00 euro per person, groups of 10 and more around 4.00 euro/person; discount ticket 3,50 euro, groups of 10 and more ca. 1,50 euro/person
- Barrier Free: Extra wide doors, lift and restroom for special needs
- Guided Tours: In German: around 50,00 euro, English tour: ca. 60,00 euro; public tour through the permanent exhibition on Saturdays at 03:00 pm, cost: 5,00 euro plus entrance ticket
- Parking: Some parking at cost on Phillipstraße
- Age Limit: Due to the special nature of the exhibits, youths under 16 years of age may only access with an adult or a legal guerdian. School classes in the 10th grade and above may get access to the museum.