The Gemäldegalerie is home to one of the world's most important collections of European paintings dating from the 13th to the 18th century. You will find all great names united under one roof here, from Botticelli over Rembrandt to Dürer.
Works of these artists can also be found in the Kupferstichkabinett, the Museum of Print and Graphics. Its halls contain more than 500.000 works of graphic art ranging from the Middle Ages to Pop Art and about 100.000 drawings, water colours, pastels and oil sketches. With this vast collection, Kupferstichkabinett is the largest museum of its kind in Europe and ranging fourth world-wide.
- Print & Graphic Arts and Decorative Arts:
- Tuesday to Friday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Monday to Wednesday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday to Sunday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thurday: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Ticket Prices: Area Ticket with Gemäldegalerie + 2 special exhibitons + Neue Nationalgalerie + Museum for Musical Instruments 12,00 euro, discount tickets 6,00 Euro
- Barrier Free: Suited for wheelchairs,parking available in the staff car park. Special tours for blind and hearing impaired "Art in front of your inner eye" reservation via phone +49 30 266 36 66
- Audio Guides: German and English
- Parking: difficult