A large sandy beach directly on the water to bask in the sun and have a swim make this location stand out. Kleiner Müggelsee has the right bathing spot for families, a group of friends and even lovers. If you're craving sun, you can bask there and shade is provided under the trees. The 100 metres descent from the beach into the clear, emerald-green water is gentle, the soil under your feet soft and welcoming.
Another little cove for bathing is slightly off the beaten track - the big rocks on the back are the ideal spot for romantic kisses. Restaurants nearby will provide a safe haven should you feel hungry!
Kleiner MüggelseeNeuhelgoländer Weg 1
+ 49 30 90229 5555
- Open: Continuously
- Resting Area: A large sandy beach, another small extra bathing spot is available at the end of a green in the shade
- Water Quality: Information on the current water quality in all of Berlin's lakes can be obtained from Lageso, the Office for Sanitary and Social Affairs under phone +49 30 90229 5555
- Beach and Ground: Nice sandy beach, soft pine soil, gentle descent into the lake
- Swimming Factor: Lots of space for swimming, some boats but not to the detriment of the swimmers
- Bathing Crowd: A happy mix of families, couples and groups of friends
- Sun/Shade Relation: A lot of sunny spots but also enough shaded space under the trees
- Snack: The Hotel-Restaurant Neu-Helgoland and the Café L&B are nearby
- Next Restroom: In the restaurants
- How to get there: Take the S-Bahn to station Köpenick, then continue your journey with the bus X69 to its final stop at Odernheimer Straße. Walk across the parking in the forest, first on the asphalted road, then on the sand track. By car you use Müggelheimer Damm, in the centre you turn on Odernheimer Straße which turns at its end into Neuhelgoländer Weg.
- Parking: There is a car park in the forest, from there you have to walk ca. 400 metres.