Groß-Gleinicker See has two official public bathing spots and the fine and sunny sand beach on the northern bank of the lake make it absolutely recommendable. Everything is a little more peaceful here than on the southern bank. However, also here you will find families with children bathing and swimming, often with floaties.
If you prefer it calmer and with a bit more shade, you will find some secluded coves along the northern bank which can serve as inofficial bathing spots. A little path on the height of Seepromenade 61 will lead you to these hidden coves.
- Open: Continuously
- Recreational Areas: Two official bathing spots with sandy beach and a recreational green on the northern and southern bank, inofficial bathing spots on the northern bank
- Cleanliness: OK
- Bank and Ground: Very clean with fine sand
- Swimming Factor: High, the lake is big and has very clear water, the two islands in the lake invite for exploring
- Snack: There is a snack stall by the water which doubles as rental station for rubber boats (fee: 5,00 euro)
- Sun/Shade Relation: The recreational areas are fairly sunny
- Next Toilet: Separate portable toilet cabins for gents and ladies
- How to get there?: There is a bus stop directly by the lake. Bus 639 leaves from S + U Bahn Rathaus Spandau direction Potsdam Hauptbahnhof. You should use the public transport system to come here since parking space is at a premium.
- Parking: Difficult
- Remark: The region of Brandenburg publishes regular information on the water quality of the official bathing spots on its website. The Office for Sanitary Affairs will supply info on the inofficial bathing spots.