The goal of Osmans Töchtern in Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg is to bring modern Turkish cuisine to Berlin, far beyond Kebab and Turkish fast food. You will need to have some time on your hands to eat your way through the various starters like Paşa Meze (a cream made of sheep cheese), Yoğurtlu Pazi (chard with lentils) or Zeytinyağli Sarma (dolma) - all of the made following traditional family recipes.
Their card is a mix of traditional Anatolian cuisine, Mediterranean dishes, international inspirations and personal ideas, providing for a unique flavour experience. The result of this young Turkish cuisine is young and fresh with great taste. Also the ambience contributes to this atmosphere - you will look in vain for plush. The interior is modern, bright and welcoming, nearly universitarian one might think, however always mixed with small Turkish details. The menu card is always changing and constantly refined. Some examples for main courses are for example veal with Pastırma (Pastırma is air dried beef), Osmanin Kebabı (grilled meatballs) or Mantı, a kind of Turkish tortellini. The food there can be described in one single word: delicious.
- Daily: 05:30 pm - midnight
- Kitchen closes: Monday to Thursday, Sunday: 11:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 11:30 pm
- Parking: In the street at cost
- Price Level: Starters 4,00 - 12,90 euro, main courses 10,50 - 19,90 euro
- Card Payment: EC
- Cuisine Style: The restaurant serves food which is inspired by modern Istanbul cuisine, traditional Anatolian cooking and Mediterranean influences.