This Orient lounge stands out above all with specialities from the Levantine kitchen, ie. the Eastern seaboard of the Mediterranean, such as for example self-made Egyptian falafel.
All of their food is hallal, even the pizza coming out of the brick oven. All meat dishes are prepared on a grill built of lava stone. Next to the non-smoking restaurant you will find a sheesha lounge, where you can light up the sheesha either inside or on the outside terrace. The terrace is a big plus above all in summer because it offers a unique view of the Spree, the Berlin Cathedral and Museum Island.
Fridays and Saturdays see special events such as Oriental dancing, DJ and/or life music. Make sure you have a reservation!
- Season: Summer
- Daily : after noon
- Season: Winter
- Daily: After 03:00 pm
- Card Payment: EC, Mastercard, Visa, Giro
- Parking: Parking with parking metre until midnight nearby (Burgstraße and Oranienburger Straße) or a parking garage on Hackescher Markt.
- Reservation: Recommended for group trips and required for Friday and Saturday due to the belly dancing performance.
- Remark: Sheesha card, smokers' lounge, terrace, board games, Arab life music and belly dancing on Fridays and Saturdays, souvenir shop, henna tattoos on appointment only.
- Specialities: Falafel, Halloumi, Taboule, grilled veggies, sesame sauce, flat bread, hummus, aubergine purrée, chick pea purrée, Burghul, Quirfa (cinnamon tea), apple tea, Arab tea from the samovar
- Price Level: Levantine starters 3,00 euro and up, soups 4,00 euro, snacks 4,90 euro and up, vegetarian Oriental specialities starting at 5,90 euro, pizza 6,00 euro and up, meat from the lava grill as little as 7,00 euro, desserts 3,00 euro and more, sheesha for 7,50 euro and more, soft drinks, juices and hot drinks 2,00 euro and up, beer starting at 2,80 euro, wine 4,00 euro, cocktails start at 5,00 euro