Bikine Berlin is by far more than just another shopping centre for City West. Located in the neighbourhood of Zoo-Palast, Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and Waldorf Astoria, you will find a lot of stores and shops in the Bikinihaus which have not yet shown wide presence in Berlin or even in Germany. In a conscious effort no large chain stores were inlcuded in the concept. On of the features of this concept mall are the "Bikini Berlin Boxes". These 19 modular wooden boxes offer a special kind of exhibition space to the leaseholders which can be used for various presentations.
A grandiose highlight are the 7.000 square metres of landscaped rooftop terrace of the listed building which allows the visitors a direct view into the enclosures of the Berlin Zoo.
By the way, the listed area of the 1950s structure included the Zoo Palast Berlin, an outstanding cinema for opening nights, and the 25hours Hotel. The name "Bikini" was a nickname, since the original building was optically separated into a lower and an upper part. The Bikini Haus was planned and constructed by architects Paul Schwebes and Hans Schoszberger, as a visual landmark of a new, dynamic and new feeling of life. Through modernization and revitalization of the whole complex, City West gets a new lease of life. Owing to the great interest of locals in history and architecture of the building, next to a fabulous shopping experience, Bikini Berlin also offers guided tours and programmes on the building and its history.
Bikini BerlinBudapester Straße 38-50
+49 30 55 49 64 54
- Bikini Berlin Shops & Boxes:
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Bikini Berlin Concept Mall:
- Monday to Saturday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Rooftop Garden:
- Daily: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Parking: Several parking garages at cost in the area: : o Parkhaus Bikini Berlin (24h): access via Budapester Str. 38 o Parkhaus Neues Kranzlereck (24h): access via Kantstr. 160 o Parkhaus am Zoo (24h): access via Kantstr. 8-10 / access through Hardenbergstr. 25 o Parkhaus Europa-Center (24h): access via Nürnberger Str. 5-7
- Card Payment: According to store
- Reservation: Recommended for the gastronomic venues
- Tours: Tours and individual programmes can be booked at a price for 150,00 euro. On top of that are public tours for 1 hour on special days at 12,00 euro/peron. Dates and registration to be found on the website of Bikini Berlin.
- Corona teststation on the roof terrace: Test first, then shop: True to the motto “Test & Meet”, SARS-CoV-2 tests can be carried out free of charge on the BIKINI BERLIN roof terrace since April 20th. Employees of the licensed partner Schnelltest Berlin are available to support customers who are not internet-savvy.