Instead of having to travel to a faraway country, the wedding couple can also have an exotic marriage in Berlin. Since 2003 the registry office of Marzahn-Hellersdorf has used the building "Steinboot" in the lakes of the Chinese Garden as a wedding location for up to 30 people, however only in summer.
In 2013 another wedding location was inaugurated for winter marriages between November and March: the "Hall of Receptions" in the Oriental Garden, with its pleasant fragrance of cedarwood and where a glass dome showers the pillars and columns with light. This location is suited for up to 50 people.
Good to know: Since the car park of Gärten der Welt is pretty far from the two wedding locations and cars are not permitted in the park, wheelchairs can be ordered for guests in need of aid to get there.
Secret insiders' tip of Top10 Berlin: The tea house in the Chinese Garden can be booked for a Chinese wedding function and a tea ceremony after the official part. For an Oriental Wedding, a standing reception with food by "Cana-Catering" can be booked.
- Wedding Season: All year round
- Chinese Garden: April to October
- Oriental Garden: November to March
- Wedding Ceremonies: Monday to Saturday
- Registry Office in Charge: Marzahn-Hellersdorf
- Cost: Rental of the Steinboot building or the "Hall of Reception" 139,00 euro from Monday to Friday, 159,00 euro on Saturday plus registry fees
- Parking: Parking at cost at the entrance on Eisenacher Straße
- Reservation Chinese Wedding: Phone: +49 179 - 3 94 55 64 or E-Mail: email@example.com
- Reservation Oriental Catering: Phone: +49 30 - 789 53 881 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org