The first postal museum of the world was founded in Berlin as early as 1872! And at the Museum für Kommuniation you can see a historic phone by Philipp Reis on display. Next to a lot of items for a hands-on experience, the museum also offers topical subjects all around information and communication.
There are parts of the exhibitionoth the relation of media and war, kryptohraphy and encoding message or the roll of mass media in our society. A special highlight for all philatelists is most certainly a two pence blue from Mauritius, a true rarity among stamps.
- Tuesday: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Wednesday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Closed: Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and New Year's Eve
- Ticket Prices: 4,00 euro regular, discount ticket price 2,00 euro, children up to 17 years free
- Barrier Free: Suited for wheelchairs. Set-up for visually impaired and blind people in preparation.
- Languages: Multi-media guide for IPod in German and English (1,50 euro fee)
- Parking: difficult