The nice red brick building of the former brewery Pfeffer in Prenzlauer Berg dates from the 19th century and is home also to ateliers and galleries, restaurants and even a music club next to the hostel. You could say this place is a small cultural centre with genuine Prenzlberg-feeling.
Enjoy your all-you-can-eat breakfast in the former fermenting cellar, sitting under original Berlin vaulted ceiling of 6 metres height or warm up at their fireplace there in winter.
Summer Thurdays are BBQ Thursdays on the terrace and once a month Berlin bands play unplugged for the hostel guests. If you just want to chill out, there is a small garden with beer benches and a fire pit.
- Front Desk and Bar: 24 hours
- Price Level: Dorm with 8 begs and shared bathroom starts at around 12,00 euro. 4-bed bedroom with private bathroom around 20,00 euro (mostly used by families). Single rooms with TV, phone and private bathroom around 47,00 euro.
- Reservation: By phone or online under www.pfefferbett.de
- Card Payment: Visa, Mastercard, EC
- Internet: 3 free internet terminals
- Parking: Public parking spaces in front of the house (at cost, parking tickets available at the front desk)
- Remark: Since 1 July 2009 Pfefferbett has been an charitable integrational company which means that more than 40% of the staff are handicapped. Pfefferbett has an elevator and rooms fit for wheelchair use.
- Public Transport: Right in front of the Pfefferberg is the stop Senefelderplatz of the U2, two stops to Alexanderplatz, Hackescher Markt and the Museum Island are in a distance of 15-20 minutes walking.
- Awards: Hostelworld awarded the Hoskar (sixth best hostel in Germany) in 2009 and 2010