This listed Wilhelminian style mansion was built in 1877 as the residence of the Berlin bishop.
You will be surprised to find exquisite stucco ceilings in the rooms with shared bathroom and sometimes even a truly vintage nightstands. And rest assured: no bunk beds in the shared rooms.
Quite popular are the special guided Berlin tours. The guests explore in small groups trendy bars or the alternative side of Berlin. As a special service the Grand Hostel offers free WIFI in all rooms and free access to the terminals in their internet lounge.
Grand Hostel BerlinTempelhofer Ufer 14
- Front Desk: 24 hours
- Price Level: Depending on the season between 12,50 - 27 euro per person in a shared room. Twin rooms with private bathroom range between 30 - 37,50 euro per person.
- Card Payment: Visa, Mastercard, Diners, EC
- Reservation: Recommended, especially in high season
- Parking: Some public parking spaces on Tempelhofer Ufer, very well communicated to the public transport system: U7, U1 and U6, M41 to Hauptbahnhof
- Averyge Crowd Age: No upper limit, generally between 25 - 35 years, baby beds available
- Remark: Listed building, no elevator available, two wheel-chair fit rooms on the ground floor
- Awards: Hostelworld ranked this hostel fifth best in the world in January 2011