The tea varieties in the beautiful thatched tea house in the English Garden have sounding names such as Persian Apple, Lemon Mint, Green Matinee and French Rose. In addition, there are classic varieties such as English Breakfast and Darjeeling. The tea house is located in the English garden of Berlin's Tiergarten, far away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. It has its own garden with flower beds and small bubbling fountains and is situated at a small lake.
The tea house offers many light dishes such as various types of flambée cake, homemade quiche, but also Wiener schnitzel with lukewarm potato-cucumber salad and cranberries. Afternoon tea is served with as “High Tea” with scones, cake, clotted cream and sandwiches. In the summer months, summer cuisine pâtisserie and crêperie and summer drinks such as Aperol Spritz and Hugo are added. In winter a fire crackles in the fireplace. After dinner you can enjoy a stroll in Berlin’s Tiergarten.
The Teehaus has also brought the tradition of British park concerts to Berlin: The summer concerts present live acts on the outdoor stage. However, soccer is also cultivated here. For large public events such as the World Cup or the European Championship, matches with German participation will be broadcast on a large screen on the stage outdoors. It is advisable to reserve a table near the screen for such events.
- Tuesday to Saturday: from noon
- Sunday and Holidays: from 10:00 am
- Monday: closed
- Card Payment: Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Diners, EC
- Public Transport: Good public connection via S-Bahnhof Bellevue or underground station Hansaplatz.
- Parking: Since the tea house is located in the middle of the English Garden, there are no direct parking spaces. Some parking spaces are located on Altonaer Straße or behind the Akademie der Künste, Hanseatenweg.