The original café in the Britzer Garten was opened in 1985 and recently underwent refurbishment and modernisation for one year. The hardwood floor, the kitchen, the heating system, the bar counter and its installations and also the terrace were brought up to the latest standards. The inside of Britzer Seeterrassen was planted with mediterranean fruit trees and herbs.
The original and unusual architecture of the café was preserverd though. The innovative 1985 construction resembling an earth mound gives you the feeling of being one with nature. The design was developed by the architect Engelbert Kremser and literally grows from a nearby real mound. A little culinary tribute to the building is the "Molehill Cake" from the dessert card. The entire variety of cakes is made in the café's own pastry shop, very tasty: the New York Cheesecake.
The new owner of Britzer Seeterrassen is the BMB Group, well-known in Berlin for the Allegretto Gran Caffè near Friedrichbrücke or the Caffè im Neuen Museum. The new food concept of the Seeterrassen banks on regional specialities and food made in their own kitchen. The new focus is clearly on healthy, wholesome food. Vegan and vegetarian dishes can also be found on the menu, just like a genuine "Protein Bomb" for athletes. One thing salvaged from the old Café am See is the successful concept of breakfast and brunch, to be enjoyed by guests between 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- Daily: 9:30 am until park closing
- Sunday Brunch: 09:30 am - 01:00 pm
- Card Payment: Cash payment only
- Parking: Available
- Remark: The Britzer Seeterrassen are in the middle of the garden park Britzer Garten. Tickets to the garden are 2,00 euro, for children aged 6-14 years only 1,00 euro. With special exhibitions, like for example "Tulipan im Britzer Garten", the ticket prices increase to 3,00 euro for adults and 1,50 euro for children.
- Price Level: Sunday Brunch 19,90 euro, children according to age (10 years - 10,00 euro, 11 years old: 11,00 euro)
- Events: There is a Criminal Dinner taking place: November, 19, 2016 and December, 10, 2016. Start: 7pm