The Oyster bar of the gourmet floor of KaDeWe is legendary. Many illustrious guests from actress Hildegard Knef to politician Joschka Fischer have enjoyed this delicacy here already. So, if your parents on their Berlin visit have oysters and champagne at the KaDeWe, they will mingle with the well-off West-Berlin crowd and feel totally self-indulgent.
The KaDeWe is also modern, to the great happiness of kids and the age group of the 20 somethings. One of the most recent favourites is the "New Burger", serving gourmet burgers made of Black Angus, lobster tail or vegetarian.
From the pâtisserie with its mouth-watering creations, over tea, chocolate, wine and cheese - there is literally nothing you will not find on the gourmet floor. And all over the floor, the presentation of the articles is just a sight to behold - only at KaDeWe food shopping is also a feast for the eyes.
Top10 Berlin Tip: A full stomach is the best base to start a shopping spree on Tauentzien and Kurfürstendamm to help digestion
Gourmet Floor of KaDeWeTauentzienstraße 21 - 24
- Monday to Thurdsay: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Saturday: 09:30 am - 08:00 pm
- Card Payment: EC, Amex, Visa, Mastercard
- Barrier Free: Yes, wheelchairs can be picked up on the ground floor/entrance Tauentzienstraße (wheelchair reservation under phone +49 30 - 2121 2345)
- Parking: Around 1.000 places in 2 parking garages: Parking 1: Passauer Straße with 700 places and direct access to the KaDeWe. Additional 300 places in parking garage II of Contipark across the street. Cost: the first 2 hours 2,00 euro/hour, each additional hour 3,00 euro