The construction of the building began in 1910 but this is nothing in comparison to the age of some of the exhibits.
Some of its main attractions are the more than 2000-years old Pergamon Altar, the Roman Market Gate of Milet dating from the year 2 AD and the Ishtar-Gate, a city gate of ancient Babylon adorned with blue mosaic tiles.
These ancient monuments leave without a doubt a lasting impression - a must-see for tourists and locals alike!
- Monday to Wednesday: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday to Sunday: 10;00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thurday: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Ticket Prices: 12,00 euro, discount tickets 6,00 euro (online tickets at a reduced price)
- Barrier Free: Only parts of it
- Audio Guides: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Turkish and Greek
- Parking: difficult