Strandbad Wannsee is the legendary classic of the Berlin swimming locations. For its centenary this open air swimming pool was thoroughly renovated in 2007 and it is widely regarded as Europe's biggest bathing location on a lake.
Berliners enthusiastic for swimming there in summer are looking forward to a sandy beach of 1000 metres length and a lot of extra goodies like beach chairs, fancy water slides, a boat rental and a playground for children.
There's only one "downside" to the location; Despite its generous side, Strandbad Wannsee is bursting the seams with people in summer. The popularity of Wannsee remains unbroken, because already 100 years ago artist Heinrich Zille pictured skinny boys, handsome men and voluptuous bathing beauties enjoying the water in his sketches of Berlin.
Strandbad WannseeWannseebadweg 25
+49 30 80 35 45 0
- Season 2019: 01.05. - 15.09.2019
- 01.05.-31.05.2019: daily 10:00 am - 07:00 pm
- 01.06.-18.08.2019: daily 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- 19.09.-01.09.2019: daily 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- 02.09.-15.09.2019: daily 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Remark: Entrance and box office close 60 minutes prior closing time
- Price Level: Single ticket 5.50 Euro, discount ticket 3.50 Euro, Badespaß ticket 9.00 Euro (1 adult + 2 children), free entry for children under 5 years accompanied by an adult
- Parking: Available, but very limited. It's better to use public transport to get there, less stress...